Newbie-just ordered my TF-100

BLUR2U

May 28, 2014
New Haven, KY
Hello everyone. We put our pool in at the beginning of last summer. Bought one from watsons, it's a 30' round pool. I will post all of my equipment specs later. It has that Aqua smarte system on it which I now understand sucks! My daughters hair turned green and I fought my pool chemistry all summer! I turned it green a couple of times. :(

After reading suggestions here I am going to go with the BBB method. I just ordered my TF-100 kit and plan to get my magnetic mixer soon. These tests make me feel more at home since I have spent much of my career as a paint process engineer which means titrating our metal pretreatment tanks on a daily basis. I tried so many of the guess strips last year, the TF-100 seems way more up my alley.

Does it include everything I need to get started? or will I need beakers or pipettes?

I am looking very forward to trouble free year this year! I drained my water to the the skimmer jet last year and it was pretty much at half full when I pulled the cover off, so it has over half new water to start with.

Also, I live in a very wooded area and there are LOTS of different trees around my pool (but it gets great sunlight) so I am sure this will cause me more monitoring.

Welcome to TFP.

One thing I would recommend is that you leave the Aqua Smarte system inline. I still have mine hooked up and although I use Liquid Chlorine 95% of the time, this is a great way to help keep your pool in check if you take any vacations in the summer.

Here's a thread last year concerning the Aqua Smarte

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.