Hayward H400 ED1

Apr 28, 2010
Central NJ
I previously posted this on the filter, pump section not knowing that there was an "everything else" section that includes heaters....I apologize for the re-post.

I have a hayward h400 ed1 and the on/off/pilot knob is broken. It has a Robert Shaw gas valve and the closest part that I have come that matches what I have is:

http://www.johnstonesupply.com/storefront/product-view.ep?pID=L39-588

My knob doesn't have the screw, it's held in place on a semi-circle prong coming from the gas valve which matches what's on the other side of the knob, sort of like a knob on a stove. I hope I'm making sense....I can't find it anywhere on the Internet, does anybody have any ideas where I can get one?

Your link doesn't work. Usually when it's broken off like you are saying it's because it actually has seized up and wouldn't turn to begin with. Then usually someone comes along with pliers and in trying to get it to turn breaks it.

not sure what happened to the link, it was working previously.....I've updated it, hopefully it will stay working.

it's been broken since day one. I can turn the prong with a set of pliers, so it's not seized..thankfully. The heater isn't working and I want to troubleshoot it, and having the knob will make this soooo much easier.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.