Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hayward H400 ED1

1. Back To Top    #1

Hayward H400 ED1

I previously posted this on the filter, pump section not knowing that there was an "everything else" section that includes heaters....I apologize for the re-post.

I have a hayward h400 ed1 and the on/off/pilot knob is broken. It has a Robert Shaw gas valve and the closest part that I have come that matches what I have is:

http://www.johnstonesupply.com/store...ep?pID=L39-588

My knob doesn't have the screw, it's held in place on a semi-circle prong coming from the gas valve which matches what's on the other side of the knob, sort of like a knob on a stove. I hope I'm making sense....I can't find it anywhere on the Internet, does anybody have any ideas where I can get one?
    23K gallon, IG, Vinyl, Hayward DE-3600 Filter, Raypak 406A Heater, Hayward 1.5HP SP2610X15 pump aka AO Smith UST1152, TF-100 Test Kit

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Hayward H400 ED1

Your link doesn't work. Usually when it's broken off like you are saying it's because it actually has seized up and wouldn't turn to begin with. Then usually someone comes along with pliers and in trying to get it to turn breaks it.
    Paul
    http://www.gastekservices.com A word of caution: When working with gas and electrical you might want to consider a licensed contractor. Consider the value of your life and others around you. If you would like to provide a review of the help I provided, please use the following link to leave a review. gastek - Google Search,

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Hayward H400 ED1

not sure what happened to the link, it was working previously.....I've updated it, hopefully it will stay working.

it's been broken since day one. I can turn the prong with a set of pliers, so it's not seized..thankfully. The heater isn't working and I want to troubleshoot it, and having the knob will make this soooo much easier.
    23K gallon, IG, Vinyl, Hayward DE-3600 Filter, Raypak 406A Heater, Hayward 1.5HP SP2610X15 pump aka AO Smith UST1152, TF-100 Test Kit