Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Bleach after cal hypo

1. Back To Top    #1

Bleach after cal hypo

I have been using cal hypo the last week or to chlorinate due to stabilzer being high. I have drained 1/2 three times and it is lower but still 130 or so. The Cal Hypo is pushing my PH up so I was thinking about using bleach. Is it safe to do so now after I have used Cal Hypo for the last several days?

Thank you,

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Bleach after cal hypo

Welcome to TFP!!!

You can certainly switch to bleach any time you want ... and now is a great time All the cal-hypo could be driving up your calcium levels which is also a bad thing.

You just never want to let the different forms of chlorine come into direct contact, once they are in the pool, it is safe.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

Thank you! I appreciate your help and the welcome. This is new to me so I'm sure I'll a more questions come up.

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by andersonsa View Post
    Thank you! I appreciate your help and the welcome. This is new to me so I'm sure I'll a more questions come up.
    There are plenty of people here to answer any question you have. The only dumb question is the one you don't ask!
    12000 Gallon IG Plaster built 2/15/2014. Jandy 340 sg ft 127 gpm filter, Jandy 1 HP stealth pump. Circupool RJ-45 SWG (overkill). TF-100 with Speed Stir.