Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: new intex pool question

1. Back To Top    #1

new intex pool question

I purchased a 14x42 ultra frame pool. I know I should use pavers underneath the legs for support but I cant dig them down into the ground I need to have them laying on top of the ground..I don't want to put stress on the liner seems with the height difference so I was thinking about using the recycled rubber tiles from home depot instead of the pavers. Just looking for opinions from people who have set up these pools if they will work.

2. Back To Top    #2

Battle Creek, MI

Re: new intex pool question

I used 6"x6" ceramic tiles that are 3/8th of an inch thick. They are not buried, and in a couple of places I have two stacked together to help level the top rail. Don't over-think what should go under the "feet" of the legs. Leveling is much more important.
    18'x4' AG Intex Ultra Frame, 6,700 gal., assembled new 2013; Mods: Hayward EC50C90 Perflex filter & 1 h.p. PowerFlo Matrix pump, Fiber Clear cellulose D.E. substitute, Hayward H100ID1 100,000 BTU NG heater, a pair of 2'x20' Sungrabber solar heaters via the original Intex 635T pump, grey Hydro Tools through-the-wall skimmer, Confer steps/ladder system & Cover Free chemical pool cover. The Summer of Mods!