Can't set SWG dial above 50%

run53

LifeTime Supporter
May 4, 2010
Wondering if anyone has seen this. My cell is starting it's 8th season so I'm wondering if it is slowly dying out. The troubleshooting section of the manual says it could be one of 3 things:

1) Not enough salt - my salt level is 2700ppm (a little low as it should be 3000-3500), so I am going to try adding salt
2) The electrical terminations to the cell are not solid - I took them off and tightened them down again.
3) The cell is dying

I am hoping for #1 and will try to add salt tonight to see if that helps, but I think it is more likely #3 given the age of the cell.

Just checking to see if anyone has experienced this behavior when their cells start to die.

BTW......this morning I noticed that it was only at 35% and was unable set it above that (couldn't even go to 50%).

Interesting, I have never heard of a SWG limiting what % could be set. For most SWGs, the % is the amount of time the SWG in generating, so there would be no reason for it to care what % it was at because it was always generating with the same power.

Is your SWG different in that the % is not the time on %, but instead some variation of power level?

That's a good question....I assumed it was a variation of power level since the troubleshooting guide says low salt could impact the setting. Otherwise if it was a % of time on, why would salt level impact the amount of time the generator runs? That's why I was assuming it was a % of power.

I will check the manual when I get home from work tonight.

I will check the manual when I get home from work tonight.

Well, the manual was not clear. It says to adjust the power percentage, turn the dial. It did use the term "power" but I'm not sure I trust that the authors of these types of documents are really that accurate.

Anyway, I raised my salt level from 1700 to 3200. I will turn the SWG back on tonight when I get home to see if if is working any better. If not, I will probably be purchasing a new cell.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.