Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: first intex pool

1. Back To Top    #1

first intex pool

I purchased a 14X42 ultra frame pool this year. My yard is level the previous owners had a pool set up in the same area im gonna use. Now I know I should put pavers underneath the legs for support but my problem is I cant dig down to make them level with the ground cause when they removed the pool they filled the hole with tons of tiny rocks. I was thinking about instead of the pavers to use the recycled rubber tiles from lowes or home depot for the leg support. Just want some opinions if u think they will be strong enough to withstand the weight of the pool for the summer.

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: first intex pool

Welcome to the forum.

My guess is that won't be strong enough. I would suggest you dig the holes out with a pick-axe....hard work but doable.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

I have 12x12 square pavers. If I lay them on the ground for the legs will the height difference cause a problem with the liner. I don't think digging down is a option with the rocks and tree roots.

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by joeyp3021 View Post
    I have 12x12 square pavers. If I lay them on the ground for the legs will the height difference cause a problem with the liner. I don't think digging down is a option with the rocks and tree roots.
    The alternative is to use foam board the same thickness as the pavers and cut out the openings for them. Then everything will be the same height, flat, solid under the supports but soft where kids will hit with their heads when they dive despite your warnings not to.

Browse around the forum and look for threads with icon, which means pictures.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!