Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Aquabot Viva

  1. Back To Top    #1

    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Middletown, NJ
    Posts
    2

    Aquabot Viva

    I purchased an Aquabot Viva pool cleaner this year after using an Arneson Pool Vac for 25 years. The Pool Vac had to be replaced because it could not cope with the anti vortex drain cover that I was required to install when I replaced my liner last year. The Viva is absolutely amazing! It cleans the entire pool as advertised. I run it on the 2.5 hour cycle and my pool is spotless. If it does miss a small spot, I direct it to that spot with the remote control. The transformer- controller is compact and light. sets up in minutes. None of the appurtenances in the pool cause any problems for this unit. It was expensive, but if it lasts, it was well worth it!

  2. Back To Top    #2
    Casey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    SW PA
    Posts
    10,157

    Re: Aquabot Viva

    Nice review! Thanks for posting!
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

    24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

  3. Back To Top    #3

    Re: Aquabot Viva

    I'm on my 3rd season now with my Aquabot Viva. I use it about 2-3 times per week. Trouble free so far. Here is a link to my initial review.

    http://www.troublefreepool.com/threa...ot-Viva-Review

    Tom
    In gound vinyl L, ~41,000 gallons, Pentair Clean and Clear Plus 420 cartridge filtter, Pentair 2 speed WhisperFlo pump

  4. Back To Top    #4

    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Mid-Atlantic
    Posts
    2

    Re: Aquabot Viva

    Quote Originally Posted by jreillynj View Post
    I purchased an Aquabot Viva pool cleaner this year after using an Arneson Pool Vac for 25 years. . . . It was expensive, but if it lasts, it was well worth it!
    I have one of these. The motors have broken frequently, requiring it to be shipped to a New Jersey service center - Aquatic Distributors - for repair. On one occasion, the repair center wanted me to pay for shipping the unit back to me. Now it is out of warranty and parts are prohibitively expensive. The Aquatron Aquabot Viva and Bravo are manufactured in Israel, and are apparently re-cased versions of the Blue Diamond cleaners made by Water Tech. The Aqua Products company manufactures "Aquabots" as well, although the product line looks different. Although this was not true a few years ago, Aqua Products shows the Viva and Bravo on its web site, despite the different lineage.

    Aqua Products has service centers that repair their Aquabots, but not Aquatron Aquabots, so shipping the Viva may be the only way to get it fixed when it breaks.

    The Aquatron Aquabots are reportedly produced by a company owned by the son of the original owner of Aqua Products. To confuse matters further, Aqua Products has now been acquired by Fluidra, another company that manufactures and distributes a variety of pool and water-related technologies.

    In any event, the Viva may do a good job of cleaning, but at least in my case the machine was very unreliable, and I would not buy another one. The Aqua Products Aquabot that I bought it to replace has, on the other hand, been very reliable and is much less expensive to fix

  5. Back To Top    #5

    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    East Northport, NY
    Posts
    155

    Re: Aquabot Viva

    Quote Originally Posted by Aquabot User View Post
    I have one of these. The motors have broken frequently, requiring it to be shipped to a New Jersey service center - Aquatic Distributors - for repair. On one occasion, the repair center wanted me to pay for shipping the unit back to me. Now it is out of warranty and parts are prohibitively expensive. The Aquatron Aquabot Viva and Bravo are manufactured in Israel, and are apparently re-cased versions of the Blue Diamond cleaners made by Water Tech. The Aqua Products company manufactures "Aquabots" as well, although the product line looks different. Although this was not true a few years ago, Aqua Products shows the Viva and Bravo on its web site, despite the different lineage.

    Aqua Products has service centers that repair their Aquabots, but not Aquatron Aquabots, so shipping the Viva may be the only way to get it fixed when it breaks.

    The Aquatron Aquabots are reportedly produced by a company owned by the son of the original owner of Aqua Products. To confuse matters further, Aqua Products has now been acquired by Fluidra, another company that manufactures and distributes a variety of pool and water-related technologies.

    In any event, the Viva may do a good job of cleaning, but at least in my case the machine was very unreliable, and I would not buy another one. The Aqua Products Aquabot that I bought it to replace has, on the other hand, been very reliable and is much less expensive to fix
    I purchased an Aquabot Bravo for Aquatic Distributors a number of years ago and had to return it at least 2x because of issues. I was mystified that I would have to pay for the shipping of the item and after the 1st time I told them there is no way I am paying for it again. I think on both occasions my motors were faulty but it has been running well for a few years. I bought it from them at the time because of the warranty. That and they gave me money back for my former machine.
    IG Vinyl -30,000 (20x40)
    Hayward Pro Grid DE Filter/Hayward rebuilt 1 HP Pump
    AutoPilot DIG-220 RC52 SWCG
    TF-100 Test Kit
    Aquabot Bravo

  6. Back To Top    #6

    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Mid-Atlantic
    Posts
    2

    Re: Aquabot Viva

    Quote Originally Posted by Amanda14 View Post
    I purchased an Aquabot Bravo for Aquatic Distributors a number of years ago and had to return it at least 2x because of issues. I was mystified that I would have to pay for the shipping of the item and after the 1st time I told them there is no way I am paying for it again. I think on both occasions my motors were faulty but it has been running well for a few years.
    Exactly my experience. I pushed back when they asked me to pay for return shipping and they relented and shipped the thing back to me at their expense.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •