Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hydro Tools Solar Cover Reel

1. Back To Top    #1

Hydro Tools Solar Cover Reel

Anyone using those? What are the reviews? It cost half of what I will have to pay at other stores. $141 for 30 ft solar cover. No body come even closer to that price.
    30'x54" Quest Above Ground Round Pool , About 21,000 Gallons , Hayward Perflex EC50 D.E. Filter System 1.5HP Power-Flo Pump , TF-100 Test Kit , Two Hayward Main Drains on the Bottom , Hayward CL200 In-Line Above-Ground Chlorinator.
    77"x77"x21.5" Hot Tub

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: Hydro Tools Solar Cover Reel

I am going to attempt to build one this year Pysiek... I reckon I'll be able to do it for about $70.00...
    Intex Rectangle 18 x 9 x 52', 4544 gallon (18000 litres), 0.75 hp pool pump, 100 sqft Zodiac Titan Cartridge Filter - 40mm, Stenner Peristaltic Pump chlorine injection system, Intex Over The Wall Skimmer, Intex Fittings with 40mm plumbing Lil Patch Of Heaven. Build/Construction http://www.troublefreepool.com/threa...lice-of-heaven

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by laceygirl View Post
    I am going to attempt to build one this year Pysiek... I reckon I'll be able to do it for about $70.00...
    What are you going to use for the pole?
    30'x54" Quest Above Ground Round Pool , About 21,000 Gallons , Hayward Perflex EC50 D.E. Filter System 1.5HP Power-Flo Pump , TF-100 Test Kit , Two Hayward Main Drains on the Bottom , Hayward CL200 In-Line Above-Ground Chlorinator.
    77"x77"x21.5" Hot Tub

4. Back To Top    #4

TFP Guide

A long piece of aluminium....
    Intex Rectangle 18 x 9 x 52', 4544 gallon (18000 litres), 0.75 hp pool pump, 100 sqft Zodiac Titan Cartridge Filter - 40mm, Stenner Peristaltic Pump chlorine injection system, Intex Over The Wall Skimmer, Intex Fittings with 40mm plumbing Lil Patch Of Heaven. Build/Construction http://www.troublefreepool.com/threa...lice-of-heaven

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by laceygirl View Post
    A long piece of aluminium....
    I cannot use that. My pool is 30ft diameter and my wife won't be able to lift it with the cover on. Will be too heavy.
    77"x77"x21.5" Hot Tub

6. Back To Top    #6

TFP Guide

This will be a long square piece, its very very light....

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/like/2308...=true&lpid=107

And because its square, its super strong...

7. Back To Top    #7

Depends on the wall thickness.

77"x77"x21.5" Hot Tub

8. Back To Top    #8

TFP Guide

I've built cubby house frames entirely from this material... Its so easy to work with.... I put everything together with plastic corners and right angles.... Too easy.... Light and strong...

9. Back To Top    #9

I paid $20 for a used one, with out the cover though. It was an awesome deal and works great. $141, and it come with cover and reel? If so, that is a good price.

10. Back To Top    #10

Quote Originally Posted by xanadu View Post
    I paid $20 for a used one, with out the cover though. It was an awesome deal and works great. $141, and it come with cover and reel? If so, that is a good price.
    Only reel
    77"x77"x21.5" Hot Tub

11. Back To Top    #11

They usually go for more than that, so your doing okay for a new one. I would keep looking for a used one.