Fence Selection???

Jul 31, 2009
Gonzales, La
Trying to get a few ideas on my upcoming fence selection. Here's what I have. Our pool can be seen from the highway so the wife wants a privacy fence up where it can be see from the road. Remaining fence(under carport and backyard) can be aluminum type. Went to a friends to swim for Memorial Day and noticed that the pool area was hot because there was no airflow thru the pool area. Making it hot. But walk outside of it and there was a nice breeze blowing. So my question, is there a type of privacy fence that will allow for the wind to blow thru? Wood or vinyl? Can someone post pictures of yours if you have something we are looking for?

Pool is now pretty much complete. Pictures are from the highway side of the pool. So the privacy fence would be placed behind the picture and to the left of the picture all the way to the future pool house in the background. Aluminum type fence from corner of house on right side of the picture and back past the door on the pool house. And under the carport.

Suggestions or pictures?

Thanks,
Todd

We live in a windy area and considered a "good neighbor" or shadowbox fence because it allows the wind through a bit, so your fence doesn't blow down as easily since it allows wind through it. We ended up getting a traditional 8 ft cap and rail privacy fence, but it's about 20 ft from the pool so allows plenty of airflow around the pool as is, and with steel posts, we're less afraid of it blowing down.

Google good neighbor fence and you'll see lots of examples. Good luck!

I think board on board fence should give you both the privacy and the wind through you want. We ended up doing board and batten fence style which is similar to board on board but with boards being directly overlaid one on another it would not pass through wind.

Todd, why not run the aluminum style fence and landscape for privacy....the bushes or trees don't have to be thick or overgrown to give you enough privacy from someone driving by at 55....still enough to let some air in

Something like some red tips or even crepe myrtles. Just a thought

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.