Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Fence Selection???

1. Back To Top    #1

Fence Selection???

Trying to get a few ideas on my upcoming fence selection. Here's what I have. Our pool can be seen from the highway so the wife wants a privacy fence up where it can be see from the road. Remaining fence(under carport and backyard) can be aluminum type. Went to a friends to swim for Memorial Day and noticed that the pool area was hot because there was no airflow thru the pool area. Making it hot. But walk outside of it and there was a nice breeze blowing. So my question, is there a type of privacy fence that will allow for the wind to blow thru? Wood or vinyl? Can someone post pictures of yours if you have something we are looking for?

Pool is now pretty much complete. Pictures are from the highway side of the pool. So the privacy fence would be placed behind the picture and to the left of the picture all the way to the future pool house in the background. Aluminum type fence from corner of house on right side of the picture and back past the door on the pool house. And under the carport.

Suggestions or pictures?

Thanks,
    Todd

15x36 Gunite w/Diamond Brite(Bahama Breeze plaster), 3.5-6', Pentair Easytouch Automation panel, Pentair 3HP VS pump, Pentair CNC 420 filter, Pentair 5G color changing light, Polaris 360 cleaner w/booster, Pentair IC-20 SWG
    My pool build
    http://www.troublefreepool.com/threa...ales-Louisiana

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Fence Selection???

We live in a windy area and considered a "good neighbor" or shadowbox fence because it allows the wind through a bit, so your fence doesn't blow down as easily since it allows wind through it. We ended up getting a traditional 8 ft cap and rail privacy fence, but it's about 20 ft from the pool so allows plenty of airflow around the pool as is, and with steel posts, we're less afraid of it blowing down.

Google good neighbor fence and you'll see lots of examples. Good luck!
    35,000 gallon gunite pool, semi-T-shaped, 29x15 shallow end and 16x22 deep end, built in the mid-1970s and renovated 2013-2014 // Polaris 9300 Sport robotic cleaner // Taylor K-2006 ... Learning as we go and so grateful to everyone here for their help! Our reno thread

3. Back To Top    #3

Do you have a picture of the hwy side of the pool?
    Approx 11K Gal. 10'X30' Semi free-form IG - 6 ' raised spa w/6 jets - 10' circle sun shelf with 1 bubbler - Waterfall - 3 / 1.5 HP pumps - Polaris 280 Cleaner - 3 Pentair Color LED Intellibrite Lights - Pentair 400K Master Temp - 2 Valve Actuators - 5 Fiberstar Mini Laminars - 1 Fiberstars 2004 Illuminator - 2 Skimmers - 6 Returns - Caribbean Blue Pebble Tech - 600+ sq ft kool decK - Auto Fill - 2 Boston Acoustics VOYA RK5 Outdoor Rock Speakers - 2 TIC Corporation TFS5CN 6.5-Inch 150-Watt Terra-Forms Rock Speakers - Apple Airport Express - 1 Awesome View.

4. Back To Top    #4

I have this one

15x36 Gunite w/Diamond Brite(Bahama Breeze plaster), 3.5-6', Pentair Easytouch Automation panel, Pentair 3HP VS pump, Pentair CNC 420 filter, Pentair 5G color changing light, Polaris 360 cleaner w/booster, Pentair IC-20 SWG
    My pool build
    http://www.troublefreepool.com/threa...ales-Louisiana

5. Back To Top    #5

I think board on board fence should give you both the privacy and the wind through you want. We ended up doing board and batten fence style which is similar to board on board but with boards being directly overlaid one on another it would not pass through wind.
    19200gl rectangular gunite/diamondbrite perl pool || Coverpools auto cover || Jandy variable speed 2hp e-pump & Polaris PB4-60 booster pump || Polaris 3900 sport cleaner || Jandy CV filter || Jandy AqualinkRS8 w/Aqualink touch || Jandy iAqualink2.0 || Jandy Watercolors LED || Jandy AquaPure 1400 SWCG || Hayward auto chlorinator (backup) || Raypak 117k BTU heat pump

6. Back To Top    #6

Todd, why not run the aluminum style fence and landscape for privacy....the bushes or trees don't have to be thick or overgrown to give you enough privacy from someone driving by at 55....still enough to let some air in

Something like some red tips or even crepe myrtles. Just a thought
    18x36 vinyl / sport pool 5.5' deep / 1.5hp Tri-Star 2spd / Hayward c3030 325 sqft cartridge / ~15k gal / TF100