Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: 3" CH tablet - effect on CYA and FC level?

1. Back To Top    #1

3" CH tablet - effect on CYA and FC level?

What effect does each 3" tablet have on CYA level and FC level in a 11,500 concrete pool? I cannot work it out from Pool Math. I wanted to put in a couple of tablets while I am away for the weekend. My CYA level is 40 so I think I can do this without a problem. Just not sure and effect on FC as I am putting in about 36oz a day of 5.25% bleach to maintain my FC at the high end (7).

FC 7
    CC 0
    TA 100
    CYA 40
    11,750 gall. concrete, in ground pool in Barbados. Shallow (max depth 4'6"). New (May 2016) Hayward variable speed pump and SWG and (make?) PH controller. Hayward Star Clear filter (50 sq ft). History of algae but not since joining TFP! Surrounded by coconut trees and other palms. Serious white fly infestation of palms continues.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Silver Spring, MD

Re: 3" CH tablet - effect on CYA and FC level?

I think you mean trichlor tablet. Trichlor tablets are usually around 7 oz. Using Pool Math go down to the bottom in the Effects of adding chemicals section, enter 7 and pick trichlor from the popup menu and it will tell you what effect it has on the water.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Chapin, SC

Re: 3" CH tablet - effect on CYA and FC level?

Our, it could be cal hypo in which case it would be no cya. Pool math will tell you how much FC.
    Pool size: 24000gal inground Vinyl-Taylor k-2006 and k-1766 test kits and-speed stir
    Intermatic P1353ME digital timer w/freeze sensor
    CircuPool Si-45 SWCG System
    Polaris 280 vacuum/Polaris PB4-60 boost pump
    Pentair IntelliFlo VS 3hp Pump--Pentair sand filter