Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Dogs in pools

1. Back To Top    #1

Dogs in pools

I have cart filters for my pool. I'm hesitant about letting my dog into the pool because I expect that getting dog hair out of the carts would be really hard.

Does anyone have experience/suggestions?

Old: 50 gallon bathtub, white fiberglass. Single drain. Faucet and "rain" feature. Elbow grease cleaning system.
    New: 28x15', 11.5K Gunite, 480 sqft cartridge filter, Pebble Fina Grigio, Glow-in-the-dark accent tiles. 30' Negative Edge. Aquabot Turbo T-Jet Robot. 0 sq ft pool deck. TF-100. Tucson Pool Build

2. Back To Top    #2
    San Dimas, CA (LA County)

Re: Dogs in pools

Catch the hair before it gets in.

If you use the search box for "dogs," you'll find lots of older threads with suggestions and tips.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

3. Back To Top    #3

Buckeye, AZ 85326

Re: Dogs in pools

I have a short haired dog that's in the pool more than I am. He sheds pretty bad sometimes but I've never had an issue with dog hair and the filters. That filter sock should eliminate any worries you have.
    11,872 Gallon IG Shotcrete play pool
    Blue Granite Pebble Sheen finish
    Hayward SwimClear c4025, Navigator & Tristar 1.75hp pump
    2' Powerfall