Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Yellow staining around my mosaic

1. Back To Top    #1

Yellow staining around my mosaic

During the last couple of days, my 3 foot sea horse mosaic, which is on the floor of the shallow end, has yellow staining around the edges, it resembles rust and will not brush away. What could be causing this and what can I do to reverse it?

I also have a couple of specs that come and go on their own on one side of the pool. They appear to be rust but will go away sometimes for several weeks and return. Brushing will not remove them. I put "metal magnet" in about a week ago for the small stains and like in the past, it did not help?

My #s:

PH - 7.2
    FC- 5.5
    CC- .5
    TA- 130
    CH- 230
    CYA- 35
    c ya, grivera

IG, Cement, 18,600 Gal; DE, SWCG, Nature 2; 1.5 hp pump; Quartz Aggregate, Mid-Atlantic-1st opened 7/07

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Yellow staining around my mosaic

Try holding a Vitamin C tablet against one of the stains for 30 seconds and see what happens. If it is an iron stain the stain will vanish around the vitamin C tablet.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

I tried rubbing with a vitamin C tablet and also with a pumice (sp?) stone-no dice. What could it be?
    c ya, grivera

IG, Cement, 18,600 Gal; DE, SWCG, Nature 2; 1.5 hp pump; Quartz Aggregate, Mid-Atlantic-1st opened 7/07

4. Back To Top    #4

BTW, I should have mentioned that I have never insttalled the Nature 2 cartridge in this pool for fear of metal deposits.

MODERATOR, please place this post in a more appropriate forum.
    c ya, grivera