Intex Pool Not Level

Komo

May 27, 2014
Wilmington, MA
Welcome to TFP!:wave: I started a new Thread for your post. Please start a new Thread whenever you have a question or new topic as opposed to posting your question on someone else's Thread (we call that practice "hijacking"). Plus, posting your question in a new Thread is more likely to get responses by giving your question the attention it deserves. --BoDarville, TFP Moderator

Hi. I got an Intex 18' X 48" Ultra Frame Pool. It's a little out of level - it appears that the high side is 5" higher than the low side (measuring from water to bar - which could be inaccurate because perhaps the water is pulling down the liner more in one area). The eyeball test, looking at the pool from a distance is that it isn't too bad looking - nothing that would make me cringe. My two questions are, is it safe (and will it stay up)? Secondly, I've heard about adding shims or wood under the posts but wouldn't that put undue strain on the liner in those areas, which would then be pulling down further than was intended?photo 2.jpg

Hi there and welcome to TFP... :) The industry tolerance for above ground pool levels is 1 inch... 5 inches is excessive.... Especially if you have kids in the pool.... I hate to say it, but it looks like a pull down and redo....

^^^^This.

Also, if you're like me, you will look into the pool and see the difference in the # of blue squares showing on one end and it will drive you nuts.
There is great satisfaction in seeing a uniform # of blue squares at the water level!!

Top of one row of squares to the top of the next row of squares is more like an inch and a half. So if you are counting 5 squares difference, you're at 7 1/2" off level.

As for eyeball level... someone posted in my build thread that his dad taught him, level is level and everything else is BS.

Best to drain, disassemble, level and reinstall. Sorry.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.