Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Intex Pool Not Level

1. Back To Top    #1

Intex Pool Not Level

Welcome to TFP! I started a new Thread for your post. Please start a new Thread whenever you have a question or new topic as opposed to posting your question on someone else's Thread (we call that practice "hijacking"). Plus, posting your question in a new Thread is more likely to get responses by giving your question the attention it deserves. --BoDarville, TFP Moderator

Hi. I got an Intex 18' X 48" Ultra Frame Pool. It's a little out of level - it appears that the high side is 5" higher than the low side (measuring from water to bar - which could be inaccurate because perhaps the water is pulling down the liner more in one area). The eyeball test, looking at the pool from a distance is that it isn't too bad looking - nothing that would make me cringe. My two questions are, is it safe (and will it stay up)? Secondly, I've heard about adding shims or wood under the posts but wouldn't that put undue strain on the liner in those areas, which would then be pulling down further than was intended?photo 2.jpg

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: Intex Pool Not Level

Hi there and welcome to TFP... The industry tolerance for above ground pool levels is 1 inch... 5 inches is excessive.... Especially if you have kids in the pool.... I hate to say it, but it looks like a pull down and redo....
    Intex Rectangle 18 x 9 x 52', 4544 gallon (18000 litres), 0.75 hp pool pump, 100 sqft Zodiac Titan Cartridge Filter - 40mm, Stenner Peristaltic Pump chlorine injection system, Intex Over The Wall Skimmer, Intex Fittings with 40mm plumbing Lil Patch Of Heaven. Build/Construction http://www.troublefreepool.com/threa...lice-of-heaven

3. Back To Top    #3

^^^^This.

Also, if you're like me, you will look into the pool and see the difference in the # of blue squares showing on one end and it will drive you nuts.
    There is great satisfaction in seeing a uniform # of blue squares at the water level!!

4. Back To Top    #4

5" is too much out of level it's dangerous.
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by Synergy2 View Post
    ^^^^This.

Also, if you're like me, you will look into the pool and see the difference in the # of blue squares showing on one end and it will drive you nuts.
    There is great satisfaction in seeing a uniform # of blue squares at the water level!!
    That's how I measure mine as well.
    18x48 Intex Ultra Frame, 6,423gal, 1500gph Cartridge, SWG, Setup June 2013.

6. Back To Top    #6

Top of one row of squares to the top of the next row of squares is more like an inch and a half. So if you are counting 5 squares difference, you're at 7 1/2" off level.

As for eyeball level... someone posted in my build thread that his dad taught him, level is level and everything else is BS.

Best to drain, disassemble, level and reinstall. Sorry.
    Mac.Dblues and ProfessorDaisy's Lower Arkansas Pool Install
    Intex UltraFrame 20ft x 52in deep, 9,400 Gallons / Approx 78,500 lbs, Intex 1600 GPH, 14" sand filter, Hayward Dyna-Skim SP1091LX, Taylor K-2006, SpeedStir, Sample Sizer
    First Fill May 2014, Deck finished June 2014, Mods happening probably on a continuous basis. Stay tuned.....