Hklotz

Mar 29, 2014
Allen,tx
Pics to start.

]
dy4amabe.jpg
4esuhege.jpg
abe3u3a8.jpg

Ok I have started my pool build and will be needing a ton of help since I honestly have no clue what I am doing.

Here are the specs.

101 perimeter feet w hot tub

435 sq feet

3.5 - 5 - 4 ft depth

Size 24.9" x 26"
13,712 gallons

Coping TN flagstone

Plaster - Quartz midnight blue

Patio - 529 sq feet stamped concrete travertine look

Saw cut driveway to place equipment on opposite side of house

Equipment
Pentair VS pump -3hp
Filter 520 cartridge
Cleaner Pentair legend
Booster 3/4 hp
Rainbow 320 chlorinator
Heater Pentair 400,000 BTU
Easy touch 8 remote
Fill line to pool
Light 60w hot tub
Light 500w pool
Brass lids and covers

Hot tub
49 sq ft 7 ft square 28 perimeter ft
Depth 3 ft
Gallons 800
Raised 18" chopped TN flagstone dry stack

Raised wall across back 6" to 12" to 24" column and 18" connecting the columns
3. Ft sheer out of 18" stacked wall

2 bubblers in tanning ledge

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the forum. :wave:

I would not purchase either of those pumps. The VS is w-a-a-ay too big for that pool and gives you uneeded expense on the front end.

The booster pump commits you to a pressure side cleaner. We see that technology fading away as the robotic models offer a lot more features and convenience for about the same money.

Here comes the mess! :mrgreen: Can't wait to see this build progress!

Looking good! One recent lesson learned I have is to plan out your pad plumbing. Make them give you a drawing, post it here for feedback, and make them wait until you sign off on it. We are going through serious headaches right now due to flow issues, which may (should find out next week) be due to our plumbing.

I didn't see a response to your question on robots. We have a pressure side cleaner (Polaris 280). I hate it. It gets stuck, it gets in the way, etc. I kind of wish we had splurged for an in-floor. Too late now!

What did you go with for decking?

Your design is very cool. Good luck with the build!

Looking good! One recent lesson learned I have is to plan out your pad plumbing. Make them give you a drawing, post it here for feedback, and make them wait until you sign off on it. We are going through serious headaches right now due to flow issues, which may (should find out next week) be due to our plumbing.

I didn't see a response to your question on robots. We have a pressure side cleaner (Polaris 280). I hate it. It gets stuck, it gets in the way, etc. I kind of wish we had splurged for an in-floor. Too late now!

What did you go with for decking?

Your design is very cool. Good luck with the build!

Interesting. I never thought of the pad plan. Do you have recommendations??? I have a ton of pipes as well since we are running the plumbing all the way under my driveway to the other side of my house.

I am still using the pressure sided cleaner now and am not upgrading to robot. That can come later. I have never priced the in floor honestly I just assumed it was too expensive.

I am however upgrading to led lights and travertine. We are doing grill etc. Budget officially blown

Who was your builder? I'm sure I read this somewhere but I have read so many I can't remember?

Heather

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Neat design! Any updates? Are you close to done yet?

Hahahaha. Done I wish. It seems to be moving at a snails pace. Weather has been perfect yet no one at my house for a week. All we have is tile and coping. Still need dry stacked walls and hot tub, electrical, pool equipment, plumbing, arbor to be fixed and reset, decking, plaster etc. I'm thinking mid august at the rate we are moving. It's getting hot and I'm ready to swim.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.