Did my first test today: (SWG)

CYA:60
    PH-7.4
    FC-8
    CC-1
    TA:125
    CH:100

What should i do? just follow poolmath?
    Our Build 2016 14.5' x 26' IG Pebble, 14.5K Gal. 3.5' - 6.5' deep, 5 returns, 2 Skimmers, Hayward VS pump, Hayward 525 Cartridge Filter, Hayward E-Command 4, Heliocol Solar, Hayward LED Light, Paramount Ultraviolet, Polaris 280, AquaRite Pro, T-CELL-15, Sense and Dispense (HL-CHEM), Ph Dispense System (AQL-CHEM3) , Taylor K-2006 with SpeedStir

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: First tests on new pool

That pool was just set up! Did you have a whole bunch of people in it over the weekend? Otherwise, how'd CC get so high?

I hesitate to suggest a SLAM, because the CC might clear itself in another day if it's just the end result of heavy usage. Other than that, maybe... maybe... add a little more CYA. But don't make a special trip to the store just to buy it.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

3. Back To Top    #3

Yes, we had lots of fun in the pool over this long weekend.
    So, just wait and see what will happen to the CC?
    Our Build 2016 14.5' x 26' IG Pebble, 14.5K Gal. 3.5' - 6.5' deep, 5 returns, 2 Skimmers, Hayward VS pump, Hayward 525 Cartridge Filter, Hayward E-Command 4, Heliocol Solar, Hayward LED Light, Paramount Ultraviolet, Polaris 280, AquaRite Pro, T-CELL-15, Sense and Dispense (HL-CHEM), Ph Dispense System (AQL-CHEM3) , Taylor K-2006 with SpeedStir

4. Back To Top    #4

I would wait a day to see if that CC of 1 goes away. Water is clear right ?
    If you wanted to make sure nothing is consuming chlorine you could also do an OCLT Test
    Jeff
    24'x54" AG Morada RTR (by wilbar) 13'500 gal. Hayward Powerflo Matrix 1hp 2 speed. Hayward Perflex EC65 DE filter.

5. Back To Top    #5

Yes, wait. And now you know to elevate the FC before a pool party and again as soon as the last person climbs out.

Do a search on "party" and you'll find all kinds of threads, including one where someone came up with a formula for FC loss per swimmer-hour.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

6. Back To Top    #6

+ 1 to giving the FC a boost before the pool party. When my kids have a bunch of friends over during the day, the wife dumps some bleach in the pool right before they come over. God only knows what they do in there if ya know what I mean !! 😎
    Jeff
    24'x54" AG Morada RTR (by wilbar) 13'500 gal. Hayward Powerflo Matrix 1hp 2 speed. Hayward Perflex EC65 DE filter.

7. Back To Top    #7

Thanks for your help.
    I couldn't do the overnight test today but i did test the pool right now (although the SWG did run its daily cycle during the morning)

FC-7.2
    CC-0.2

So i guess i am good right?