Please help me identify my light.

302w

May 26, 2014
PRNJ/PA
I have an inground pool from the 1970s that was redone (whatever that entailed) less than 10 years ago. This is my first summer with the pool since I moved in last August.

Anyway... my gasket is shot and my light was filled with water with one burnt out bulb. The glass says "3915 American Products Company Los Angeles" and is nominally 8 3/8", and I say that because the gasket I bought is labeled as so and fits the glass well.

I understand the 3915 is the glass part number, not the light number. The housing is heavy duty brass and has a thick grate on the front of it. It is NOT the standard Amerlite, as it has two 250w bulbs that take standard socket housings as opposed to the single floodlight looking one. The housing is shallow and only about 3" deep.

Forgive me if my terminology is incorrect. The bulbs themselves have standard bases, but are longer and narrower than standard house bulbs. I'm in need of a gasket and two lights, of which I cannot find anywhere. I ordered a 79101600 gasket which is probably not the right one but I'm confident will work. The lights I cannot find anywhere.

Thanks for all of your help. I would upload pics but my internet is sloooooww. I'm a pool noob BTW.

I am not a pool lamp expert but it seems a light bulb website would get you the correct bulb.

Try http://www.lightbulbsdirect.com/ I have not used them but they have alot of knowledge. I know I searched for bulbs and i was able to find it with the numbers stamped at the neck of the bulb base, near the glass. I used another site but I was able to find the bulb by measuring and researching.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.