Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Intellichlor I-40

1. Back To Top    #1

Intellichlor I-40

I can't seem to manually change the % of cell time on my IC-40. I am reading the manual, and it says if the IC-40 is connected to an Easy-touch system, the % is handled internally. How would I increase the %. It seems like I was able to change it manually last year, but I wouldn't swear on it.

Thank you!
    Helen
    Dallas Area, 16,000 gal IG, Easytouch 8 computer, Intelliflo 3HP Variable Speed pool pump, Pentair Smart Pump 4x160, Pentair 3/4 HP Booster Pump, FNS 60 DE 60, Mastertemp 400, Rainbow 320, Dual Timer w/ freeze protection, Intellichor SWG, TF100 Test Kit, POOL FILLED AUG 3, 2012, ORDER YOUR TF100 KIT FROM http://tftestkits.net
    http://www.troublefreepool.com/under...ie-t49936.html

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Intellichlor I-40

Do you have the intellitouch automation system or just pentairs swg? I think the cell itself has the buttons on it to increase/decrease the %. You can only increase the cell in 20% increments unless you have their automation system
    13k IG pebble pool w/waterfall, 1hp whisperflow pump, pentair ccp320 cartridge filter
    Circupool SI45+ swg
    TF100 +speed stir Taylor 1766 salt test

3. Back To Top    #3

The percentage setting has to be set from the EasyTouch system, not from the controls on the cell.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by JasonLion View Post
    The percentage setting has to be set from the EasyTouch system, not from the controls on the cell.
    What he said lol
    13k IG pebble pool w/waterfall, 1hp whisperflow pump, pentair ccp320 cartridge filter
    Circupool SI45+ swg
    TF100 +speed stir Taylor 1766 salt test

5. Back To Top    #5

In the Industry

If you have an Easy Touch Automation system you can change the percent via the control panel under Settings Intellicholor

If you do not have an automation system you simply slide back the clear plastic cover on the top of the cell and press the buttons up or down to increase or decrease the amount of chlorine produced.

Also it is effected by the flow or speed of the pump.
    25k 20x40 Gunite w/ integrated Spa & Caribbean Blue Plaster, Curved Bluestone Coping, Deck Jets
    Pentair Easy Touch/Wireless, Sta-Rite Intellipro SRVS Pump, Intellibrite Lights, & Pentair IC40 Cell, Sta-Rite 450sf Cartridge filter
    Heated from Central Boiler - Outdoor Wood Furnace & Triangle Tube Max Heat Exchanger
    ColorQ Pro
    TF-100

6. Back To Top    #6

Thank you! I do have an Easy Touch system.... but didn't find where to set the %. I did find where I could change the % to the pool/spa, but not the output. I'll read it again with the speed of the pump in mind. Thank you!
    Helen
    Dallas Area, 16,000 gal IG, Easytouch 8 computer, Intelliflo 3HP Variable Speed pool pump, Pentair Smart Pump 4x160, Pentair 3/4 HP Booster Pump, FNS 60 DE 60, Mastertemp 400, Rainbow 320, Dual Timer w/ freeze protection, Intellichor SWG, TF100 Test Kit, POOL FILLED AUG 3, 2012, ORDER YOUR TF100 KIT FROM http://tftestkits.net
    http://www.troublefreepool.com/under...ie-t49936.html

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by imrodee View Post
    Thank you! I do have an Easy Touch system.... but didn't find where to set the %. I did find where I could change the % to the pool/spa, but not the output. I'll read it again with the speed of the pump in mind. Thank you!

You are on the right screen. You set the percentage for spa a lot lower than pool b/c when you switch to spa mode you dont want to be chlorinating a spa with the same levels that you would a much larger pool.
    28000 gallon IG pool, 3.5ft - 8ft deep, Stonescapes Tropics Blue Interior, Pentair Intellichlor SWG, Pentair Quad DE 100 filter, Pentair Intelliflo VS-SVRS, Whisperflo 3hp (water features), A&A Max in floor cleaning, Pentair Easytouch 8 Automation, Screenlogic II, Pentair Mastertemp 400k BTU heater, Pentair Intellichem with acid injection via stennar pump, 9'x7' spa with Infiniti edge