Help with green pool

May 10, 2011
Hey everyone, hoping for some help from the experts.

I opened to a green pool a few weeks ago but had it sparkling clear using TFP method.

My cartridge filter/pump has been running at 24hrs( never set timer back)

I have been checking my levels and all reading are ok. My testing is limited to strips but I get all the most important readings(I think)

Free chlorine 10 (highest reading)
Tc 5
Ph 6.8
Cya 30

I only use liquid 12.5% and add stabilizer as needed. 3lbs after I got it clear.

I suspect maybe filter Bc it isn't as ninja turtle green as in the past when cleaning or something else.

It doesn't look like puffs of green when I brush sides and bottom like I have been for 3 days.

Can it be something else making me green? Metals ? We had some rain last week that raised the water a couple of inches.

Pool and all is about 2 years old.

Thanks!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How old are those test strips? If more than a few weeks, they are going bad, and will NOT give anything close to accurate readings.

In order to SLAM your pool, you must have accurate readings you can trust. The only way to get that is invest in your pool by buying a great test kit. The TF-100 or it's little brother, the K-2006.

Without accurate testing, you are only spinning your wheels. Going nowhere.

Pool School is where you need to be, click the link in the upper right corner of every page here. Read, then read again.

Your PH needs to be bumped to a minimum of 7.2. You can have your water tested for metals if you think you've had any changes in your water supply-tanks or lines cleaned or such.

- - - Updated - - -

My test strips are new and could not find a real test kit locally so one is on order

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

YEEHAW!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.