first, thank you for this forum, so much information in it.
I have a Sta-Rite (pentair/aoc/dynarite, so many names, dont know which one is the good one) MRPA model. It's 1.5hp-1/4 hp, running on 230v.
I installed a switch similar to this:
The back of the pump looks like that:
My problem is that the pump run only at high speed. Before installing the switch, I was going from high to low by moving connector from L1 to A.
Electrician installed a high-off-low switch, but first time I used low, the switch sparked.
I then tried the low speed by bypassing the switch, and it still worked.
So I done the setup as in the first image, but now I can get the low speed to work.
Check voltage on 3 wires, 120 on each, and tried *common* with the 2 others and got 240, so switchs seems fine.
I have a small interogation, as the "stamped" diagram on the motor dont put the l2-a-l1 connectors at the same places as on the plastic plate in the motor.