Foam Higher than Pavers?

Jun 7, 2013
Buffalo, NY
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hi all. I've searched the forum and haven't seen my question asked yet.

I have a 16*48" Intex Ultra going into its second season. The ground was within an inch at the end of the season last year but I have redone it this year.

I have placed 4*8*16" pavers and have them all level and sticking approximately 3" above the ground. I have laid down crusher run into the entire circle and am getting ready to compact to make the entire surface uniform. I like to use the 3/4" foam underneath as it provides a very soft feel (and somewhat protection to tailbones). However, I am trying to make this visually appealling as well and do not want to put the legs of the pool on top of the foam.

I was going to leave the pavers 3/4" high and run the foam to that but am afraid of having the liner rub and potentially cause a hole.

Is there any drawback to laying the foam and leaving it just short of the legs? This would essentially leave the legs 3/4" lower than the liner.

Thanks in advance.

Thank you for the responses.

I was rethinking it and figured I could put down 1*6 treated deckboards with routed edges on top of the existing pavers and run my foam to that. Or cut the foam around those as Laceygirl stated. This would put everything on the same plane and still be taking advantage of the pavers.

Thanks again.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.