New 15' AG Pool - Feeling overwhelmed

Jun 13, 2012
Cheshire, CT
This is my first post. Had intex pools before and upgraded to a 15' permanent above ground and feeling overwhelmed. Hopefully my signature works with its statistics. Installed ourselves and its filled with water. Husband still working on pump (mistake I know to fill before we had that worked out...)so pump not running yet. So after reading here I calculated adding 1 gallon of 8% bleach with 5.5k gallons so that is added.

I bought stabilizer (cyanuric acid), borax and baking soda. Because pump not working yet not sure whether its worth it to test (I bought the hth 6 way test kit) or whether to add stabilizer. Any advice would be helpful.

Thanks!

Welcome to TFP!

For starters, you should have a nice and reliable test kit. A lot of members like the TF100. You'll get more reagents than the K2006 has. We can't advise you on what to add except that you do need some stabilizer. You can go to pool math in pool school to see how much to add. You will also find several informational links on how to care for your pool. :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.