Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: pmathewsva - Re: Just trying to get started

1. Back To Top    #1

Richmond, VA

pmathewsva - Re: Just trying to get started

I started a new thread for your post. It is confusing to everyone when two posters are asking question within the same thread (Hi-jacking). Plus, posting your question in a new Thread is more likely to get responses. --duraleigh, TFP Moderator

I am sorta new as well. I always had someone maintain my pool but now I want to do it myself. This has been hard. I had the water tested and i have added shock and algeside as well as metal out. My pool is still cloudy and slightly green. The pool store thinks its metal and tell me to keep the FC low because if I add shock to bring up the FC the pool will turn green due to the copper. I feel caught between metals and algae. Do any of the experts have any ideas?

FC .14
    total chlorine .8
    CC .66
    PH 7
    TC 58
    hardness 244
    CYA 74
    copper 2.6

2. Back To Top    #2
    San Dimas, CA (LA County)

Re: pmathewsva - Re: Just trying to get started

1) You will need your own test kit
    2) I see a partial drain in your future, both from high CYA and extremely high copper.
    3) I would wait to drain until I had some test results I could trust
    4) I would read through this lengthy thread. Maybe start at the last page and see the end results!
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!