Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Here's what I have- help me make sense of it!

1. Back To Top    #1

Monroe, Louisiana

Here's what I have- help me make sense of it!

I did some further inspecting of our system trying to understand it all. I just need help identifying everything and making sense of it.

Here's the whole pump setup:

I have identified the pump as a Hayward Super Pump. There is also a booster pump for the Polaris, which is either disabled or not working. One pool guy said the Polaris "needed a new head" to the tune of 600$ and another pool guy couldn't even get it to work. Which is really no big deal as we've been manually vacuuming.

Next question I have is this:

Second pool guy just told me to leave it alone and chlorinate the pool itself, which I've been maintaining. I think I turned the bypass valve so that it's not even engaged. Is that right?

Lastly, my biggest question is this: I have both of these on the wall next to the pump:

They're both timers, right? The motor is and has been running constantly but I'm learning that isn't really necessary. How do I go about finding out if these even work?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    NE Louisiana
    25k gallon IG 16x30 vinyl liner pool
    Hayward Super Pump 1.5HP
    Intermatic timer, ~8hr/day
    Sand filter

2. Back To Top    #2
    Silver Spring, MD

Re: Here's what I have- help me make sense of it!

The orange cylinder with the black writing and a white cap is a trichlor tablet feeder. We don't normally recommend using them, but it is nice to have one for vacations and other occasional needs.

One of the timers is for the main pump, and the other one is probably for the booster/cleaner pump. My guess is the top one is for the main pump, but they could easily be switched from that.

There is no need to run the pump 24/7. Most pools do fine with about 4 hours a day (once everything is in balance and working).
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry
    Sebring, Florida

Re: Here's what I have- help me make sense of it!

I would suggest opening up your trichlor tab feeder and letting the pool water flow through it just to keep it clean.
    Dave S. - Forum owner
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School