Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pressure side or robot?

1. Back To Top    #1

Pressure side or robot?

Hi!
    The disc and diaphram on my auto pool vac have both gotten rather rotten, be more expensive to fix than to get a new one. I was thinking of either a pressure side, Polaris 65, or a low end robot, the Pool Rover Jr. Anyone know which would be better for a pool with small ripples on the bottom, in an area where a lot of fine sand gets deposited in the pool?
    Above ground soft side Omega pool
    20 feet diameter, 4 feet deep
    Hayward sand filter
    Hayward 1 HP Matrix pump
    Hayward Aquabug Automatic Pool Cleaner

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Pressure side or robot?

for fine sand i would recommend a suction cleaner, this way the sand can be collected in the filter as apposed to bag cleaners. the filter can "filter" finer than "bag" cleaners.
    16,000lts Fibreglass, Magna Mineral Pool Water
    Jandy CV340 Cartridge filter, Zodiac TRi SWC, Z4 iAqualink, Jandy Laminar Jets, Solar Heating, Spa Jets with Jandy 1.5hp Epump operating everything.

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Pressure side or robot?

Yeah, decided to go with a suction cleaner after all - the aqua bug. Got a leaf canister to go with, as one of my main gripes with the suction vac before was I couldn't use it with the skimmer basket in, and the plate, so all leaves, bugs, mesquite pods, would get into the pump basket and it was kind of a pain to keep cleaning it. Funny thing - Leslie's pool store tried to sell me Diver Dave, and I saw it was more expensive in store than on Leslie's own website!
    Above ground soft side Omega pool
    20 feet diameter, 4 feet deep
    Hayward sand filter
    Hayward 1 HP Matrix pump
    Hayward Aquabug Automatic Pool Cleaner