Ultra frame connection covers

fyn409

Jul 9, 2013
So I was browsing around looking at pictures of intex pools and noticed several pictures of ultra frame pools with what looks like covers that go over the frame connector. It looks like they also "plug" the openings created in the liner near the frame connectors. Has any one else seen these? Are they available some where?

The reason I ask is two fold. First it may cut down on the amount of water "splashed" out when the pool is in use, and it may also keep the elements away from the connectors and prolong the life of the frame.

He is an example:
View attachment 29850

-Ryan

Interesting, I wonder if this is some discontinued item from intex. Water would probably still get in and rust, but it may work for losing water. I know when the kids get a "whirlpool" going a ton of water goes out thru those spaces!

I am very interested in these as well. Pool and rainwater getting into the connections and rusting was the cause of the demise of my last pool. I think these might help prevent that. I was considering caulking or taping over the seams, but this looks much nicer!

I'd also be interested in these for my larger pool next year.
Look nice!

As for the rusting, my plan is to upgrade pool to larger size. When I buy the pool ....I plan on trying to paint inside the metal rails....along with silicone to help seal the air space up. ;)
My current pool I had noticed that there was bare metal showing on the inside. Knowing we were only going to use this 14x42 for 1-2 years, I didn't bother.

I searched all over the web for them and couldn't find any trace of them, from Intex or third parties.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
They certainly give a nice finished looked if nothing else!

I searched....t cover....t top....rail cover...rail top....rail cap....intex cap.....and a whole bunch more combos...lol
Nothing.
Even searched ebay intex cover and scrolled threw like 1, 000 items.

Hopefully poster above that emailed them can update when they hear back??

I sent them an email with a link to the picture, here is the response I got back:

"No, we do not sell the plastic covers above the T-joints. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience"

Bummer!

There is definitely a market for these, if anyone has an injection molding machine. Or maybe a 3D printer.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.