Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Replacing a Skimmer Weir

1. Back To Top    #1
    Fairfax, VA

Replacing a Skimmer Weir

I needed a new skimmer weir. I had no idea what size or brand I needed. I didn't have any way to hold the weir in place. I found a weir with a spring loaded hinge that will stay in place, but it was too wide. I took a hack saw and cut the weir to size. I also cut a little off the spring so that the hinge would fit, too. It only took me 15 minutes to customize it to fit.

I was also able to unclog my skimmer line using a garden hose... thanks to this website for helpful tips and giving me the confidence to attempt to fix my own pool problems.
    33K IG w spa plaster, Pentair 1HP Whisperflo, DE Filter, SWG CircuPool RJ-60, Dolphin Triton Plus, Raypak Dig Heater 336K BTU, TF-100 test kit.
    Pool Math Chlorine / CYA Chart SLAM - Shock Level And Maintain

2. Back To Top    #2
    Sun City West Arizona (2nd Home)

Re: Replacing a Skimmer Weir

Good job! Amazing what a little encouragement can do, and look at the savings!
    14100 Gal IG MiniPebble, Pentair Intellichlor IC-40 SWG, Sand Filter, Pop Up Cleaning, Intelliflo VS Pump, Aquacal Heatpump/Chiller, 1/4 Acre Desert Landscaped, Lots of Deck. Built in 1984, updated in 2012 and 2014
    "If you don't measure it, you can't manage it!"