Skimmer part identification

May 27, 2014
PA
Hi everyone,
I am new to Trouble Free Pool but have had a pool for 10 years mostly trouble free. Last year I ran out of time and had a pool company close my pool, never again. They left a bunch of leaves and garbage on the bottom and when I called them this spring they said it must have blown in under the cover. As I said I have owned the inground pool for 10 years and never had to open a dirty pool when I closed it. Anyway enough rambling, the pool company pulled a part out of my skimmer that I have never done, see image below, any way I am not sure exactly what it is or how to install back in my skimmer, I just need to know which end goes to the pump siphon. My skimmer has 2 pipes in the bottom, one goes to main drain other to pump.. Thanks in advance for all the help. IMG_1072 (800x600).jpg

The pool encyclopedia shows this:
joenj-SkimmerDrainDiverter.jpg

Since you can see the shadow of the photographer and it's a good bet he's on the dry side of the pool, yours probably gets installed exactly the same way.

PS I think that door should be open some, otherwise youy get no skimmer water. It's probably closed to eliminate turbulence for picture taking.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.