Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Skimmer part identification

1. Back To Top    #1

Skimmer part identification

Hi everyone,
    I am new to Trouble Free Pool but have had a pool for 10 years mostly trouble free. Last year I ran out of time and had a pool company close my pool, never again. They left a bunch of leaves and garbage on the bottom and when I called them this spring they said it must have blown in under the cover. As I said I have owned the inground pool for 10 years and never had to open a dirty pool when I closed it. Anyway enough rambling, the pool company pulled a part out of my skimmer that I have never done, see image below, any way I am not sure exactly what it is or how to install back in my skimmer, I just need to know which end goes to the pump siphon. My skimmer has 2 pipes in the bottom, one goes to main drain other to pump.. Thanks in advance for all the help. IMG_1072 (800x600).jpg

2. Back To Top    #2
    Antelope, CA

Re: Skimmer part identification

I believe that is commonly called a "twinkie diverter".

I am going to let someone who has one answer your questions.
    -- Guy --
    10K gallons in 21' Round 52 inch wall Aqualeader AG, Hayward Power Flow LX 1.5 HP pump motor, Hayward Perflex EC50AC DE filter w/Cellulose, Wide mouth skimmer, 2013 new Diver Dan (craigslist) to replace the faded old Hayward AquaBug. TF-100

3. Back To Top    #3
    San Dimas, CA (LA County)

Re: Skimmer part identification

The pool encyclopedia shows this:

Since you can see the shadow of the photographer and it's a good bet he's on the dry side of the pool, yours probably gets installed exactly the same way.

PS I think that door should be open some, otherwise youy get no skimmer water. It's probably closed to eliminate turbulence for picture taking.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!