Yeah, the pH test can be challenging for some of us. Sometimes 'reading' the colors helps:

yellow 6.8 and lower,
yellow orange 7.0 ,
orange 7.2, orange red 7.4-7.5,
red 7.6-7.8,
red violet 8.0 ,
violet 8.2 and higher

If the color is orange red to red with no pink or violet you are golden.

How do you test? Hold comparator block in front of white background? ....against blue sky? etc.

I usually do all my testing indoors usually in the evening or at night. I have always had a difficult time with the PH readings, no matter where I do it. Since I log my daily tests on my computer, I have found that opening a Blank Word processing screen and holding the test cells close to the screen at arms length gives me the best results. The other option is possibly hold it with the Speed Stir LED's on behind it. I would love a good, accurate, affordable, Ph test that didn't require me to have to compare colors.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I usually do all my testing indoors usually in the evening or at night. I have always had a difficult time with the PH readings, no matter where I do it. Since I log my daily tests on my computer, I have found that opening a Blank Word processing screen and holding the test cells close to the screen at arms length gives me the best results. The other option is possibly hold it with the Speed Stir LED's on behind it. I would love a good, accurate, affordable, Ph test that didn't require me to have to compare colors.
We all wish for that!

Yup, that comes with the TF-100. The R0004 is for the larger water sample that the K2006 and others use.

Fyi, I just found some R0015 in one of my old kits (very old, but seems to still work) and added it to the pH test. It is for the acid demand test which is nice to play with and get a feel for the color changes.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.