Sand Filter Size for Pool or Pump

Big enough? Yea, kind of. But still quite a bit smaller than we would recommend. I would go with a 27" sand filter and a two speed pump. Larger filters mean you can go longer between backwashing, which means less water wasted, and an overall more efficient system. A two speed pump can save 50% off your electric bill in most situations.

Ok thanks. They are selling their other place and thats where the pool is. I am helping with opening the pool from a swamp so they can sell it. They already replaced the original pump with a used one and it ran about 15 minutes and quit working and they had to buy a new one. They are not wanting to spend more money on it than needed. I think maybe the dead algae has clumped up the sand or channeled because it seems to not be filtering good at all. Its aqua blue water with grey floaties with a visability of about 2'. We are going to take off the muliport valve and check the sand tomorrow.

I wouldn't think a larger filter would save that much on water. You are just going to be using larger volumes of water at once, instead of splitting it up.
You might save a little water. I do like the idea of not having to backwash as often, tho.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.