Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Conundrum

1. Back To Top    #1

Conundrum

Just set up pool and filled with water. I set up upgraded sand filter and came to the realization that the hose adaptors aren't compatible with pool inlets. So I ordered on Amazon. Problem is it'll be a week before they arrive and I don't want a pond by the time they get here. Can I treat with chemicals while I wait to get system up and running?
    Intex 15'x4' round AG metal frame pool, 4400 Gallon, Krystal 14" 2150GPH Sand pump/filter .75HP. Taylor 2006 test kit. San Diego, CA.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Conundrum

Yes, you can at least keep chlorine in the water, and stir it around with a brush or sump pump. Anything to get the water moving.

Be aware that your tests will likely be off a bit, without full circulation.
    15'x48" 4500 gallon Intex pool, buried 1.5 ft. Pac-Fab Dynamo 3/4 hp pump. Hayward S180T sand filter, bought used. Taylor K-2006 test kit. Rocket mass heater based wood fired pool heater.

3. Back To Top    #3

Thank you!

- - - Updated - - -

Should I hold on the the stabilizer?
    Intex 15'x4' round AG metal frame pool, 4400 Gallon, Krystal 14" 2150GPH Sand pump/filter .75HP. Taylor 2006 test kit. San Diego, CA.

4. Back To Top    #4

Correct, wait on CYA until you have the pump running again. In the meantime, add 2 ppm of chlorine each evening after the sun is off the pool.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School