Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Metal remover for salt prep

1. Back To Top    #1

Dunedin, FL

Metal remover for salt prep

I thought I read someplace you need to dump in some metal remover before installing a SWG?
    Im working to balance my water before I purchase the unit.

Anything else I should do in prep for install ?

~10,200gal IG kidney plaster pool w/overflow spa
    AquaRite SWG
    Hayward Star-Clear 120cartridge, Hayward 1hp SuperpumpII
    Solar panels.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Metal remover for salt prep

I'm in same boat dunedin. I have started draining little bit of water each day from my pool to get my cya in range but the hose bib connection is just not draining enough so will take a while.
    Just from what I been working on I would say start seeing how and where your going to mount the control board and how your going to wire it (220/120). Also where you will bond to etc. you can start prebuilding the plumbing layout without glue to how your going to set it up
    may I inquire what swg your looking at? Still trying to decide on one myself

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    13k IG pebble pool w/waterfall, 1hp whisperflow pump, pentair ccp320 cartridge filter
    Circupool SI45+ swg
    TF100 +speed stir Taylor 1766 salt test

3. Back To Top    #3
    Silver Spring, MD

No reason to add metal remover because of the SWG. Either you need sequestrant or you don't, which has nothing to do with the SWG.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

4. Back To Top    #4

Hillsborough, NC

The SWG will work just fine with metal in the water. I have a lot of iron in mine. The iron will react with the chlorine and turn the water interesting colors, but it doesn't affect the operation of the SWG. If you have metal in your water, the best sequestrant I have found for salt pools is Jack's Magic purple stuff. I have tested several brands, Jack's works the best.

The quickest way to drain your pool is hook up the vac hose and then pump to waste.
    27' Round Might Sun AG Pool 18000 Gallon Intex Krystal Clear SWG Hayward Pump/Filter on a Timer