Waxahachie, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
HEY ya'll!! I figured I better get in here with a question so you don't forget me. We've had tons of rain, and my readings have been all over the place.

My CYA reading is at 20 (way too low..) I added 16 oz of cya yesterday in a sock in front of a return and have been running the pool since then. Sock is empty. When will I be able to see a difference in the reading?

Pool Calc says 96 oz of cya to got back to normal. I am putting another dose in now.

Here is what I have today:

PH - 7.5
FC - 6
CC - .5
TC - 6.5
TA - 70
CH - 200
CYA - 25
SALT - 3200
TEMP 72
LOOKS CLEAR

Thank you in advance!

It usually takes up to week for the CYA addition to fully register on a test. When it's all dissolved just assume it's there.
Watch you don't over shoot your desired level. You know the pain it is to lower it. ?

Thank you pwrstrk.. (yes, it sure is a pain.) Should I just do half or 3/4 of the 96 oz, then take a reading?

- - - Updated - - -

What brand was it? Some brands are only 50% CYA so double check the active ingredients....

Thank you! It is SPLASH-READY from Home Depot. I just looked and it is 97% CYA. (I would have made a terrible chemist.. I didn't even look at that.)

I would do 3/4 and see where that puts ya. ��

Will do.. s l o w l y!

TU!

- - - Updated - - -

Definitely go low on the add! I just had to drain and refill 1/2 the pool twice....

TU! I put the "sock" in front of a return in the spa... seems to have more "blow" than in other parts of the pool. Which means quicker dissolve I suppose.

I tied the sock to a clorox jug and let the CA do it's thing. I went out of town for the weekend and came home to a very swollen bottle of clorox. (It's been hot here.) Think it will explode? I'm not sure what to do with it. I was thinking of letting out the air/gas build-up then tossing it.

Well, It was a full jug of bleach. I ended up putting it in the shade - the bottle shrunk back to normal. Then I tossed the bleach, probably no good after the sun. Thanks!

I assume there is no bleach in the bottle? Just slowly open it and let the hot air out.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.