Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Air Bubbles

1. Back To Top    #1

Upstate NY, US

Air Bubbles

I was sitting on the deck watching the pump and such work (hey, we finally got it all working and no leaks, so I'm happy). So I was sitting there and I heard a burbling noise, I ran down to check on everything, pump ok, filter ok, pressure ok (16 psi), no leaks. But there was a string of bubbles that came out the discharge from where the pump returns the filtered water into the pool. Only happened once. Any ideas on the cause or is this no big deal?

My pool: 13,500 gallons round pool, 24' w 52" above ground, hard sided pool. Jacuzzi 190L Sand Filter, 1 Horse Waterway pump, Robotic Vacuum

2. Back To Top    #2
    San Dimas, CA (LA County)

Re: Air Bubbles

It could have been a sticking weir. When the water level dropped inside the skimmer well to allow a vortex, the weight of the water piled up behind it in the pool pushed it open.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!