Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Quick Shock...

1. Back To Top    #1

Quick Shock...

pool store gave me 6 bags of it with my new pool. if I ever do need to use it, how much does a bag of Quick Shock raise FC? also, im assuming it has stabilizer in it too, how much CYA will a bag add?

they also gave me some type of weed and grass killer in a tub? whats up with that?
    thanks!
    Partially buried Doughboy Desert Spring 16 x 32, sport pool, with 7 ft deep middle, 20,000 gallons, Hayward Powerflo Matrix 1.5 HP 2 speed pump, 250 lb sandfilter, 2 Doughboy skimmers and 2 returns. 2 cascade fountains.
    Taylor K-2006 kit. Zodiac Barracuda Ranger suction side cleaner.
    TFPC method and is crystal clear every day thanks to TFP!!!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Quick Shock...

Sounds like there is no label. I'd guess that is dichlor so use the Pool Calculator, Effects of Adding Chemicals at the bottom to find the FC per bag. Weigh the bag or maybe it is one pound.
    23,000 gallon in ground pool with rock waterfall and spillover spa, Aqualink control system, Polaris 380 cleaner, Purex Triton Clean&Clear Plus cartridge filter. Located in The Woodlands, Texas.

Pool owner since Nov 2008, Trouble Free since April 2009. Happy to help when I can.

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by anonapersona View Post
    Sounds like there is no label. I'd guess that is dichlor so use the Pool Calculator, Effects of Adding Chemicals at the bottom to find the FC per bag. Weigh the bag or maybe it is one pound.
    lol. nope, no label. just says quick shock. gotta love pool store.
    Partially buried Doughboy Desert Spring 16 x 32, sport pool, with 7 ft deep middle, 20,000 gallons, Hayward Powerflo Matrix 1.5 HP 2 speed pump, 250 lb sandfilter, 2 Doughboy skimmers and 2 returns. 2 cascade fountains.
    Taylor K-2006 kit. Zodiac Barracuda Ranger suction side cleaner.
    TFPC method and is crystal clear every day thanks to TFP!!!

4. Back To Top    #4

If you know the pool store it came from ask for the MSDS sheet on it, this should tell you if it is dichlor or cal-hypo
    Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from http://tftestkits.net
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~