Unlevel Pool - Will it Survive the Summer

bandi

May 20, 2014
Ontario
Welcome to TFP!:wave: I started a new Thread for your post. Please start a new Thread whenever you have a question or new topic as opposed to posting your question on someone else's Thread (we call that practice "hijacking"). Plus, posting your question in a new Thread is more likely to get responses. --BoDarville, TFP Moderator

Hi Sorry to infringe on this forum...i seem to be clueless as to how to start NEW posts! Anyhow.....as pertaining to uneven pools....I was wondering...based on my my pic....Will my above ground pool be ok and survive the summer??my pool.jpg

bandi:

Your not infringing at all...that's why we're here.

I must confess that I'm not an above-ground pool expert, but I do know that the ground that an AG pool sits on needs to be extremely level - not varying by more than about 1/2 inch in from end-to-end any direction. Based on your pic, I'm inclined to say that there is a high risk that your pool will not survive the summer. Someone else who is more versed in AG pools should be along shortly that can provide more information on this situation.

my 2 cents worth, I am a newbie here also, before I found this sight I was putting up and taking down my 14' x 48" intex every year, we would try to level as best we could and to make the long story short is it looke like your when we were done, we called it close enough. Yes to answer one of your questions it will stay up and yes it is out of level, people on here will disagree with me but it will stay, I have four grandchildren their parents me ans nana playing and jumping all was good. but this year we took it to the permanent level, level box, oam pad, gorilla pad new patio and will hard plumb the filter. good luck, have fun!!!!!!

I agree with POPPA it will make it. It is recommended to level it but I also for the past 7 years put up a 16x48 and I had poles sink about 2" in the mud. It was uneven a lot never really worried about being level until this year for 20x54. We have 3 boys ages 9 to 17 and a girl they het rowdy.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

My 14x42 Intex Ultra was about 3" high on one side, and it lasted 3 years until the top rails rusted through.

No expert here either but from looking at the picture and using the vertical fence pieces as reference I would empty it. It looks unlevel and the uprights are leaning off vertical pretty bad. I wouldn't want to spend the whole season wondering when....just my opinion.

No expert here either but from looking at the picture and using the vertical fence pieces as reference I would empty it. It looks unlevel and the uprights are leaning off vertical pretty bad. I wouldn't want to spend the whole season wondering when....just my opinion.

I would 100% agree. Anything under an inch is within industry standards. Anything over and you run the risk of a collapse. Are you willing to put anyone who uses the pool at risk?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Never mind the cost... you can't replace a human or body parts.

If I'm paying a professional to do my pool, I would be ok with LESS than 1" but I could have OP install my pool and expect it to look like the original pic and have a huge problem and be very concerned with the structural integrity of the pool (mine and theirs). It is industry standard to keep the pool under 1" out of level whether it's visually pleasing AND structurally safe. It should be adhered to IMPO. You do not have to agree but Industry certainly takes it into account and the helpful members here at TFP do not want to see someone get hurt by letting a pool with an obvious slant go and hurt someone, anyone.

Lets say we have a birthday party for a 13 year old boy who's got a few over grown friends. And we have 4 of them in the pool and 2 of them are 6ft tall and 180lbs (not unheard of in America). They start rough housing and pushing each other towards the left side pictured of the pool and one hits the side of the pool with his body weight. I have had over grown teenagers as big as men in my pool being chaotic. I could see a kid this size going over the top and side of the pool and crimping the legs on an already slanted frame!

This pool needs taken down and releveled. The OP wondered enough if it should be redone based on seeking the forum out and asking because it is leaning way to much. I'm bagging the, *It looks terrible!* and going with *It could collapse!*. Why risk it? Why?

Hello everyone :) Thank you for your responses and thank you so much for 'starting a new topic'! I definitely needed the advice. I am saddened by the slope in my pool. I was not aware of the work involved in levelling and thought I had done a good job. :/ unfortunately the pool will have to be drained because I know that it seems to be ok for now but I am frightened that it may become even lower on the one side. We have played in it a few times with no problems and just fun but still...I am frustrated because i would like to refill the pool but am hesitant because of the price of water. anyhow thanks again for your advice and support!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.