Simple Aeration!

May 2, 2014
United States
This site has been invaluable to me so I thought I should pass on a simple mod that has worked perfectly for me. The pictures are pretty self explanatory, but it works by venturi and is fully adjustable from full open to completely closed, and all points in between. Not only does it serve a great role in ph control with fine little bubbles, but it is pretty cool looking and fun to swim in. Enjoy! Also I felt confident drilling into the "eye", since the entire return fitting is $4 online.

IMG_2288.jpgIMG_2294.jpgIMG_2290.jpgIMG_2289.jpg

Is that one of those magnetic aquarium cleaners that the tie wrap is attached to?
HaHa!

I think Im gonna make me one of these things. I like bubbles!

It sure is! Actually if you drill the hole so the tubing wants to favor falling back rather than fwd, you might not need anything to hold it at all. But this way worked for me! Just make sure you drill your hole close to the rim of the eye so you get the max range of motion. I don't remember the drill bit size I used but it's still in my drill at home, I can let you know if you want.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.