Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Calibrating the solar sensor (Pentair EasyTouch)

1. Back To Top    #1

Calibrating the solar sensor (Pentair EasyTouch)

I'm trying to calibrate my solar sensor, as I just don't believe what it's telling me. In the EasyTouch manual, it says to put the EasyTouch into Service mode, press the Filter Pump button, and then go to Settings->Calibration to calibrate the sensors. This works fine when I try to calibrate the water and air temperatures, but when I change the temperature on the solar sensor, it doesn't stick (it just goes back to the temperature it was at before). What am I doing wrong? How do I get the solar calibration to stick?

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Calibrating the solar sensor (Pentair EasyTouch)

You might need to call their tech support to get your answer.

Another option is to temporarily disconnect the air sensor and attach the solar sensor to the terminals. The sensors are identical, so the board and software don't know the difference. Once swapped, run your calibration.
    APSP Certified Building Professional
    APSP Certified Service Professional
    NSPF Certified Pool Operator

3. Back To Top    #3

Are you doing the last step?

After calibrating all the sensors, press the Menu button to save the settings and to return to the
    Settings menu options. Press the button again to return to the main menu options or press again to
    return to the main screen.

4. Back To Top    #4

I am doing the last step. I will try the recommendation from pool kid, although I don't see how swapping will help since I'm trying to calibrate the solar sensor. Calibrating it on the air sensor side won't help me when I swap it back to solar?

5. Back To Top    #5

Swapping the sensors will tell us if something is broken, and if so narrow down where to look. If the problem follows the sensor then the sensor is broken, if the problem stays with the solar position on the controller then something (software or hardware) is wrong with the automation system.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School