Help! Wrinkles on bottom of new liner - what should I do??

Mar 8, 2014
Indiana
We are installing our liner now and there are wrinkles on the bottom. We have about 1/4" water in right now, so I think there is still time to fix. We tried pulling them out and tried the shop vac, but can't get them out. Any suggestions?

Did you let liner sit in sun for a bit to heat up? When I did mine I just got on hands and knees and started pushing them towards the coves. It does take time but go slow and make sure you get all before putting too much water.

- - - Updated - - -

Also the shop vac is usually done before adding water to see if Liner is good in place and while filling.

As kpromero says, the shop vac is done prior to water fill and it's sole purpose is to hold the liner tight against the pool walls so the wrinkles are gone BEFORE you put in any water.

I would get the water out of the pool and start over. If not, I think those wrinkles will haunt you from an aesthetic standpoint.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.