Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Sta Rite System 3 Filters - how long do they last

1. Back To Top    #1

Sta Rite System 3 Filters - how long do they last

I have two paper filter cartridges for my Sta Rite System 3 pool filter - one is 200 sq ft and the other is 100 sq ft. I have not replaced them since the pool was installed in the summer of 2008. They are starting to become a bit frayed - how long do they last? Is it time to replace them or can they keep going a bit longer?

These are fairly expensive - replacing both will likely cost around $350-$400 or more according to online prices and probably a lot more from a local pool shop here in Toronto.
    Vinyl 18'x36' in-ground 100,000 L, Jandy Aquapure 1400 SWCG, Jandy Lite2 heater, StaRite System3 filter, Evac tube solar heating panels

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Sta Rite System 3 Filters - how long do they last

If handled carefully they can last a decade or more.

As long as the pressure goes up as the filter gets dirty and goes down to the same clean filter pressure as before they are fine and you can continue using them.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Sta Rite System 3 Filters - how long do they last

Great, thanks for the info. The pressure is still cycling as you describe.
    Vinyl 18'x36' in-ground 100,000 L, Jandy Aquapure 1400 SWCG, Jandy Lite2 heater, StaRite System3 filter, Evac tube solar heating panels