Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Impeller Seal Question...

1. Back To Top    #1

Impeller Seal Question...

Can an improperly replaced impeller seal cause air in the system? I have lots of air bubbles visible in my leaf strainer "window" this year. I have to bleed off the air every half hour. Local pool store replaced the seal on my pump over the Winter and I'm wondering if the two are related.

Thanks!
    16 x 32 In-Ground vinyl, 21,000 Gallons, Hayward Cartridge Filter, Hayward Tiger Shark robotic cleaner, Taylor K-2006 Test Kit

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Impeller Seal Question...

It's possible, but unlikely. Do you see any water dripping? Any squirts the instant the pump shuts off?

More likely would be the seal between the motor plate and the pump housing, or the usual suspects - pump strainer gasket, pump drain plugs, stuck wier in the skimmer, low water level.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Impeller Seal Question...

Problem solved. It was the union screwed into the front of the pump. Loaded the threads up w thread sealant and all is good tp go.

Sent via Tapatalk
    16 x 32 In-Ground vinyl, 21,000 Gallons, Hayward Cartridge Filter, Hayward Tiger Shark robotic cleaner, Taylor K-2006 Test Kit