Jandy JHPU 2.0 Dual speed pump replacement

Dec 5, 2007
NW Georgia
I will be replacing my Jandy JHPU 2.0hp dual speed pump this week. This has really been a good pump been running 24/7 since 2008 and have had zero problems. I would like to buy the same pump but the JHPU is no longer avalible. Can someone give me some idea on what Jandy pump to go with? There are just two many choice and I'm not sure which one to go with.

The flow has reduced to the point that I have to run the pump on high most of the time. So a complete pump replacement is in order. I really would like to stay with a Jandy pump since I have had good service out of the pump. I just a little confused on what pump to go with.

Are you positive it's a pump issue? Sounds suspicious to me. Most pump replacements are due to catastrophic failure.

I think something else may me amiss.

What's the pressure on your filter?

No the motor is still quiet. Today the pump is running on low with no issues. But, when I try to run the pump on high is will stop running with the motor being really hot. So I guess the question now is to replace the motor or the pump. I have priced the motor at $300 plus and a new pump at $750.

I'm a fan of motor replacement. :)

You may want to rip the wet end apart to see if there is anything amiss.

If so you may just need a go kit to replace the seals (doesn't have to be right away, I would have it on hand and only use it if you find the proverbial smoking gun).

If it all looks good order the new motor and use the go kit when you install it.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.