Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: My first water testing

1. Back To Top    #1

Northern New Jersey

My first water testing

My pool is 7 days old. I did my first test today with a Taylor k-2006. Here are the results.

FC 1.2
    CC 0.2
    PH 8
    TA 220
    CH 170
    CYA none

I have a salt system but can't start it for 30 days so PB is using 2 chlorine tablets in each skimmer. I wonder if I need a little more. TA is very high but I'm reluctant to play with it while PB is responsible for water and plaster start-up. Any suggestions would be great.

26K gal Free Form, IG Wet Edge Primera Stone Midnight Breeze, 100 sf Sun Shelf with 2 Bubblers, Jandy DEV filter w/2 HP Flow Pro pump, Jandy Salt Aqua Pure System, 2 ft reaised spa with 2 HP booster pump for waterfall, iAqualink controls

2. Back To Top    #2
    Silver Spring, MD

Re: My first water testing

Typically you want one tablet for every 10,000 gallons of water, so 2.6 tablets in your situation. Since fractional tablets are too much trouble, overlapping the new pair with the old pair will give you about the same effect. In any case, their two tablets approach is reasonable, if perhaps just slightly low.

The PH and TA numbers are typical for a bicarb startup. If they are doing a bicarb startup you don't want to mess with PH or TA.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School