Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Kicking myself!

1. Back To Top    #1

Kicking myself!

Now that the pool is in, outdoor kitchen and covered patio finished, landscaping done and palm trees planted - we should be sitting back with margaritas in hand and enjoying it, right? Well, we thought the solar lights were just fine until we put the palm trees in, now we are kicking ourselves for not putting the low voltage lights in at the same time! I've done a little checking online and they don't seem too difficult to install except....there is no outlet anywhere accessible to plug them in. Anyone else have this problem? Do I just need to bite the bullet and get an electrician out?
    Finally Done! - 21x34 IG, SWCG, depth - 3.6 - 4.6 - 6.6, Pentair IntelliFlow 3050 vs+svrs, 60 sq ft Pentair DE Filter, 400k BTU Heater, Polaris 280 w/.75 hp booster pump, Pentair EasyTouch wireless, 38 sq ft raised spa, wet edge Barbados quartz finish - ODK w/36 in Napoleon grill

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Kicking myself!

Low voltage lights are preventing you from enjoying it? Sounds like that can be done anytime in the future. Get some torches, candles, flashlights, or something and get those drinks flowing.

20 x 40 28k gallon Salt Water Vinyl IGP, Hayward pump and Sand filter

3. Back To Top    #3

I had a dedicated lighting company come in and give us solutions for outdoor lighting. They ran the powder out along the pool and patio area. I went with LED lights.
    24x32 feet, In-ground, Saltwater, Gunite pool (under construction)

4. Back To Top    #4

I agree, when you do it go with LED low voltage lighting - but even more so just stop by Lowes, pick up some Tiki torches and pour the drinks.
    TFP Moderator 39 X 18 23,000(ish) freeform gunite; built 2007ish; Pentair Triton II TR100 600lb Sand filter; 2 HP Pentair pump with 2.2 HP AO Smith single speed motor; 2 skimmers, 1 main drain, 4 returns w/waterfall, Stenner 45MHP2 3GPD running@ 60% - 15 gal Tank; heated by the sun CYA 200+ when I started - 50 now. Dolphin Supreme M5 Pool Cleaner. Hot Springs SX Spa, 285 gallon

5. Back To Top    #5

Thanks - I may have to do that - just wish I had done it while the yard was all torn up during construction.
    Finally Done! - 21x34 IG, SWCG, depth - 3.6 - 4.6 - 6.6, Pentair IntelliFlow 3050 vs+svrs, 60 sq ft Pentair DE Filter, 400k BTU Heater, Polaris 280 w/.75 hp booster pump, Pentair EasyTouch wireless, 38 sq ft raised spa, wet edge Barbados quartz finish - ODK w/36 in Napoleon grill