How much bleach in my pool?

May 21, 2014
Springfield, IL
Have a very small intex 12'x30" vinyl pool that's 1,400 gallons. Have my ph down to 7.3-7.4 but my total chlorine seems to be at about 1 and won't budge. I'm using 1" slow dissolving tablets and they don't seem to work so I'm going to switch to bleach. How much bleach do I need to get up to the recommended level of total chlorine for my pool? Just want to make sure I'm keeping my pool sanitized good enough.

This much:

attachment.php

:mrgreen:

The FC level depends on how high the stabilizer level is. If all you've added so far is a few 1" tablets, you're probably down too low to even measure with a test kit. In which case, your target FC is 3. This article explains how to use Poolmath to calculate the dose. Hint: it'll be about 1/2 cup of Clorox 8.25%

Ok thanks. Yeah I put in some shocker the first day I filled it up about a week ago. Other than that all I've added are chlorine tablets in a floater. Can I leave the chlorine tablets in there when I add the bleach? How long after I add the bleach do I have to wait to swim? Also is it best to add chemicals with the pump on or off?

This much:

attachment.php

:mrgreen:

The FC level depends on how high the stabilizer level is. If all you've added so far is a few 1" tablets, you're probably down too low to even measure with a test kit. In which case, your target FC is 3. This article explains how to use Poolmath to calculate the dose. Hint: it'll be about 1/2 cup of Clorox 8.25%

Whoever photo shopped that messed up big time. What's wrong with the picture? LOL :roll:

To the OP, that little pool won't take much bleach at all over the course of a season. Enjoy your summer with it! :goodjob:

I thought it would be the placard, but a quick google shows that 1791 is a hypochlorite solution, strong enough to be highly corrosive.

Maybe they didn't want their car showing in the pic and shopped it out? You can see a small piece of shadow in the upper left of the rear panel on the tank.

I figured with as small as my pool is it shouldn't take too much upkeep but if this year is successful I'm thinking of getting a bigger pool next year so I'm in training :) I appreciate the help. Added half cup this morning and tested just now and I'm at 3 with my chlorine level. Thanks again.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.