1/4 foam under intex pool?

Aug 10, 2012
Normal, IL
I am working on getting my new 20ft intex pool up. I have dug and leveled the ground and started setting 2in thick pavers for legs. I am going to put down landscape fabric then sand to get level with the pavers and was thinking about getting some 1/4 foam to top it of for a good smooth floor. I am going to build a wood frame / border to keep the sand in / under the pool.
so has any one used the 1/4 foam? looks like it will be $60 for the foam.

Just installed 8 4x8 sheets of Styrofoam. I think it helps keep the pool warmer too. I would have gravel mixed with sand. I wouldn't use just sand! I used Split cedar's for my frame to retain the gravel, it looks good!

Just installed 8 4x8 sheets of Styrofoam. I think it helps keep the pool warmer too. I would have gravel mixed with sand. I wouldn't use just sand! I used Split cedar's for my frame to retain the gravel, it looks good!

Did you use pavers as well or just the foam? I'm thinking to use just the foam without pavers and was wondering how the 8 sheets worked out for you. Was there enough room for the legs to move out a little?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.