Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: 1/4 foam under intex pool?

1. Back To Top    #1

1/4 foam under intex pool?

I am working on getting my new 20ft intex pool up. I have dug and leveled the ground and started setting 2in thick pavers for legs. I am going to put down landscape fabric then sand to get level with the pavers and was thinking about getting some 1/4 foam to top it of for a good smooth floor. I am going to build a wood frame / border to keep the sand in / under the pool.
    so has any one used the 1/4 foam? looks like it will be $60 for the foam.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: 1/4 foam under intex pool?

1/4" foam board will work just fine.

Looks like you have a good plan going.
    15'x48" 4500 gallon Intex pool, buried 1.5 ft. Pac-Fab Dynamo 3/4 hp pump. Hayward S180T sand filter, bought used. Taylor K-2006 test kit. Rocket mass heater based wood fired pool heater.

3. Back To Top    #3

Just installed 8 4x8 sheets of Styrofoam. I think it helps keep the pool warmer too. I would have gravel mixed with sand. I wouldn't use just sand! I used Split cedar's for my frame to retain the gravel, it looks good!
    41x25x18 Humpback Haven
    Graduated from 16ft Intex

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by MattE71 View Post
    Just installed 8 4x8 sheets of Styrofoam. I think it helps keep the pool warmer too. I would have gravel mixed with sand. I wouldn't use just sand! I used Split cedar's for my frame to retain the gravel, it looks good!
    Did you use pavers as well or just the foam? I'm thinking to use just the foam without pavers and was wondering how the 8 sheets worked out for you. Was there enough room for the legs to move out a little?